HGS is committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers. When something goes wrong, we need to be told about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Chief Operations Officer, Mike Palmer.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Head of Delivery for your account who will review your information and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Head of Delivery will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, the Head of Delivery will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Head of Delivery will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for our Chief Operations Officer Europe, Mike Palmer, who is unconnected with the matter to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact our Chief Executive Officer for Europe, Adam Foster about your complaint.
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Chief Executive Officer within 3 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or in line with our contractual terms, whichever is the sooner.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) such as the Right to Rectification, rather than make a complaint, these should be directed to our Data Protection Officer. They can be reached through DPO@teamhgs.co.uk.
If your complaint is about HGS’s handling of your personal data, then you have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done so through their website here:
Or call their helpline on 0303 123 1113
This policy does not give you contractual rights. HGS reserves the right to amend the terms of this policy at any time.