During times of crisis and constant change, continuity matters. With the rapid spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we know how important it is to respond with agility and commitment to move forward as new developments arise.
Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our employees, clients, prospects and candidates. We are committed to managing this crisis today and in the days and months to come with empathy, transparency and continued communication.
The information below is reflective of our practices to date and explains the action plan we have implemented. We fully expect, and are prepared to iterate, on our approach as the need arises to continue to support our employees and clients through this crisis.
- HGS regional task forces. Our HGS regional task forces are monitoring and tracking rapidly changing global developments provided by public agencies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are adhering to their guidance and that of national and local health officials, including our own Chief Medical Officer, to define and implement our ongoing response.
- Business continuity plans. We are reviewing and implementing Business Continuity Plans to ensure readiness in anticipation of future COVID-19 developments.
- Work-at-home practices. We are committed to implementing safe working environments and adopting social distancing practices. For the welfare of our employees and to ensure we can continue to serve our clients in these challenging circumstances, we have begun migrating our workforce to remote working environments. Additionally, we have increased the capacity of our IT network, expanded technology capabilities to facilitate work from home practices, and adopted social distancing by proactively directing our agent groups to work from home.
- Social distancing. HGS is adopting social distancing protocols including within production floors where 1-2 empty stations are required between each occupied station where possible.
- HGS office visits. We are limiting visitors to HGS offices. Anyone planning to visit an HGS office must receive written pre-approval from the site leadership team and must attest they are not symptomatic of or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Internal communications. We are committed to sharing information rapidly with employees as the situation develops. Our HR and leadership teams are using our internal communications tools to update employees on the latest developments and are responding to any concerns, questions or support they need at this time.
Most importantly, we are operating through the lens of empathy and understanding. It is a stressful time for our teams around the world, and we are doing everything we can to minimize fear and panic and maximize safety.
We hope this information is helpful in understanding how HGS is responding to coronavirus and we will continue to provide updates to our employees and clients.
While circumstances around us are uncertain and constantly changing, we are confident in our ability to help you move forward through this crisis. Our world-class team stands ready to serve you and we are grateful for the continued support of our loyal community of clients. We encourage you to turn to our website, client portal and social channels as sources of support, solutions and inspiration.
Originally published March 20, 2020