Unilever needed a consumer care operation that would reinforce a consistent and positive customer experience of its 50+ brands, known under different names, across multiple European markets. As the largest European advertiser, the business also needed a cross-channel engagement program to augment its Marketing, Brand, and Product Development functions.
HGS created a unified customer experience by establishing a "Hub and Spoke" model with a center in London supported by satellite center in Italy, France, the Netherlands, and Germany. This model combined voice and chat and used caller identification technology to help agents personalize every call with a brand-specific greeting. To train resources in complex, end-to-end complaint management processes, Laundry and Kitchen Labs were installed on-site to examine and test product complaints. Through these centers, HGS handles more than 1 million contacts a year through voice, email, white mail, and social media.
- Achieved cost savings of £3 million in three years
- Client achieved a customer experience score that is 15.74% above industry average
- Client's Cost per Contact was reduced by 15%
- Ranked among the Top 50 Companies for Customer Service in 2013 and 2014
- Finalists at the 2012 and 2013 CCA Global Excellence Awards for 'Best Outsourcing Partnership'