In 2018, a mobile payments client was experiencing a critical phase of its growth and shift to a mainstream financial service. The start-up needed customer care, billing, and account and sales support to help scale the business. With a reputation as a digital solution trailblazer with global capabilities, yet a high-quality boutique service, HGS was selected as the ideal partner to help this young and ambitious company manage growth of their mostly millennial and teen customer base.
AT A GLANCE
Partnership Start: 2018 Location: Peoria, Illinois Team Members: Almost 300 brand ambassadors and customer advocates
• Technical Support
• Account and Service Requests
• Customer Care: Voice, Email, and HGS Chat
• Capabilities of Providing 24X7 Support
Shifting Volumes to Chat from Voice, for Nearly 3% Cost Savings for Client
How We Do It
HGS employs tailored recruitment and then stringent training to drive support of this client’s growth:
- The HGS Leadership Team employs personality profiling to hire the right agents for this program. “We built the team leadership from the ground up with the more empathetic personality types—the “feelers,” while making sure we have “doers” on staff, as well,” says Scott Yates, HGS General Manager. “This provides an edge and aligns with the client culture. The agents with heightened sensitivity bring a personality type strength that shows downstream, in making our client customers feel supported and heard. It also fits with our client personality, which is thoughtful and progressive.” For chat, year to date, we have handled 350,000 chat contacts. In terms of voice, HGS had handled approximately 1 million, with 2 million emails year to date.
- With our “Train the Trainer” program, HGS works to ensure empathetic customer care that caters to the need of these customers. This client’s customer support typically requires heavy investment in training and knowledge management initiatives. HGS ensures team members have rigorous training and nesting with mentors to ensure they stay up-to-date on practices and processes to deliver high quality interactions. Technical training covers digital channels such as chat as well as the more traditional voice support. Agents need strong product knowledge and are technically adept, with digitally native skill levels.
The main drivers for the adoption of the hiring and training measures are omnichannel support, with almost 3% cost savings delivered to the client, quarter over quarter.
The future is bright for this partnership. In fact, the client is currently in discussions with HGS widen its digital portfolio support. With an additional solution, like HGS WEB-HELP, HGS will prepare this client to engage and scale solutions to a broader customer base.