97% of Customer Inquiries Resolved Online
A leading consumer electronics manufacturer, wanted to improve their customer experience in a number of areas including website abandonment rate and average handle time (AHT). In addition, they wanted to improve operational and IT resources while reducing operational costs.
What We Did:
HGS provides multi-channel support services for FAQs, downloads, auto chat, video, and live chat. To help customers get to the right answer fast, DigiCX optimized online self service by implementing DigiWEB and Smart Channel Selector. DigiWEB enables personalized and contextual FAQs, and offers videos and step-by-step guides to improve first contact resolution and help decrease web abandonment. Through data collection, DigiCX was also able to gain customer insight and help build an engagement strategy to reduce AHT. Smart Channel Selector helped guide the consumer by providing the easiest channel for resolving the issue.
- AHT reduced from 683 to 477 seconds.
- Insights from data resulted in 20,000 fewer calls per month.
- Introduced First Call Resolution as a metric and met 85% of targets.
- 37% decrease in number of FTEs from 110 to 69 agents.
- 70% reduction in cost of operation with adoption of the self-help portal.
- 97% of customer inquiries are resolved online with no agent interaction.