Support in 22 Languages Anchored by an Intelligent Knowledgebase
Every year more than 2.8 million foreign nationals apply for a visa to holiday, work, or live in the UK. When they need information on the visa application process, they visit the Gov.UK website. The UK Visas and Immigration enquiry service was spread across 32 disparate contact centers globally with no consistency in service or information. They were looking to unify the customer experience and encourage digital engagement, all while reducing costs.
What We Did:
HGS implemented a turnkey technical solution that consolidated all 32 global FAQ sites to one that predictively solves customer enquiries at the earliest touch point and provides consistent, accurate information. At the heart of this solution, Digital Natural Assist (DNA) allows applicants to contact UKVI through email, web chat, or voice and pivots seamlessly between channels to guide the applicant to the best channel for finding the right answer, fast. The solution simplified the customer journey and improved the customer experience as well as unified offices and stakeholders.
GLOBAL SUPPORT DESK
- Over 125,000 of the 2 million visitors to the Gov.uk website accessed the self-serve portal and received personalized responses.
- A total of £1m in cost savings was passed directly to the applicants as a result of self-service.
- Calls to the helpline decreased by 19%.
- Customer satisfaction improved steadily with a 20% increase in email CSAT and 19% jump in voice CSAT.
- Average Handle Time reduced by 58%.