Nation-wide Energy Savings Helpline for the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change
The client wanted HGS to deliver a cost effective energy advice service by creating an innovative delivery model and implementing rigorous training and knowledge management initiatives. HGS also had to support government decision making and deliver ongoing support for vital government schemes.
What We Did:
We consolidated fragmented helplines into one centralized operation and supported the development of Government policy through agent forums that provided insight into the way citizens were adopting and implementing energy saving measures. HGS built a dynamic knowledge and training regime and helped evolve the helpline into an integral part of the energy ecosystem. HGS also designed a highly flexible and scalable solution handling over 400,000 citizen inquiries annually via phone and email including addressing seasonal peaks as well as volume spikes during critical government campaigns.
- 80% reduction in operating costs
- 66% reduction in headcount due to helpline consolidation
- Helpline and TUPE transition achieved in 45 days without any reduction in service performance.
- Achieved 85% quality score exceeding client targets with the introduction of focused training programs
- Recorded 86% CSAT score
- Through constant feedback, HGS has greatly influenced government policy making in the areas of call journey, complaints handling, and quality process